Hello, my name is Lisa.
This will be my fourth attempt at making a blog, and hopefully keeping it up. I am a stay at home mom and in my free time I like to felt, sew, bake, cook, read, garden, craft and haunt the local thrift shops and garage sales. I have online shops where I sell my handmade goods, Lyrical Lady and Feltlalicious, both are on Artfire. I am slowly making the switch from Etsy. Artfire is such a wonderful venue and everyone is so supportive of each other. I love it!
A little bit about me:
1. I was born in Seattle, WA, spent most of my childhood and 20's in Glendora, CA, lived in Waipahu, Hawaii and now live in Moberly, Missouri for the last 12 years.
2. I'm the oldest daughter in a family of all girls. My sister Laurs, of bee mice elf, got me started on Etsy and taught me how to felt.
3. I married my high school sweetheart at the age of 20, had 2 kids. Jemma and Zach.
4. I divorced my high school sweetheart at the age of 30 :) woohoo! He is the reason we moved away from all of my family in California.
5. I married one of the kindest, most loving men of all 3 years ago in Las Vegas. I had my third child, Gavin, at the age of 39. :)
6.I change jobs a lot because I get bored, which is not good for your resume. I have worked as a bank teller, waitress, floral designer, used recycling equipment broker, hostess, bartender,receptionist, at a mortuary, fabric store clerk, made cold calls(yuck) and lots more.
I am the same way with hobbies and crafts, my sister and I call it Craft ADD.
7. I think the women in my family may have a little psychic ability. We always know when one of us is thinking about the other, or are going to call, etc.
8. I LOVE to read, I could spend all day curled up in a chair with a book, ignoring everyone and everything and not feel guilty one bit! And I refuse to own a kindle, only real books borrowed from my local library!
9. I prefer alternative music from the 80's and early 90's, it is pretty much all I will listen to with the exception of Fleetwood Mac, The Beatles and few others.
10. My husband and I want to leave Missouri in 5 years. I have a plan that we will buy some acreage in New Mexico or Arizona, build a couple of houses and raise alpacas, goats, horses and maybe sheep, and chickens, foster dogs from the humane society and grow our own food.